io9 have compiled a fantastic list of their most amazing science images of 2013. What’s even better though, is that many of them are animated gifs, which can often enhance the original images a fair deal.
I’ve mentioned a few of them before on this blog, including:
- Commander Hadfield wringing out water on the ISS for science.
- Saturn from above.
- The Russian meteor over Chelyabinsk.
- The full moon silhouettes.
- The bead chain experiment.
- Direct imaging of covalent bond structure.
- And finally, my favourite image, in the shadow of Saturn.
The other images and gifs are equally impressive, and show what a wonderful year 2013 has been for science. Which is your favourite image from the lot? Onwards!